Monday, October 19, 2009

Whoa. Time flies when you're having fun!

Hi readers!

It's been, well, a whole year since my last post. There has been a LOT that has happened since. I'll just give you a summary because it would be rude to go into so much detail and expect anyone to read it:

1. Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dimentia. It's not pretty; it's been difficult and stressful and, according to my lovely wife who has been a rock for me this whole time, I've handled it with relative peace and calm.

2. Grandma passed. She went on her terms, just like she lived her life, so that was good. I will miss her, and wish she had been able to see her great grandchild, but I know that she can find peace now.

3. I tore my ACL in half. It hurt. A lot. So did the surgery to replace it. Recovery hurts, but I had a great surgeon so I'm healing well which is all I can ask for. Moving on...

4. I was finally run out of my job by my psycho ex-boss. One month to the day later, I was offered a new job, at a paycheck that was 17% higher! It reminds me of the story of the frozen bird, the shit and the cat, and for that I am happy.

So all in all, I am doing very well right now!

So why am I finally writing again? Well, I've recently had an experience that helped me identify some flaws I had that I need to work through. Doing this will require significant inward study and I will need somewhere to jot my notes down. That somewhere will be this blog, since the name will fit perfectly.

My posts will be short and, quite often, incomprehensible for a time. I will not take offense if some of my old readers stop reading, as this blog is about to start sounding like a giant, digital fortune cookie. But I need to get this stuff out and, who knows, someone else may find it amusing too...

1 comment:

DeDe said...

I want to hear the story of the frozen bird, the shit and the cat - that's not one that rings a bell. :)