Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's that long skinny one next to the hump in the middle...

This one goes out to that idiot who refused to move around the double-trailer delivery truck driving at 5 mph in a business park with its hazard blinkers on: STEP ON IT! The lane is wide enough to fit twelve of your tiny little '87 Toyota Corolla side by side, so go around the giant sloth next time instead of holding up the rest of us because we don't want to jump the gun and get side-swiped by you when you suddenly grow a pair just as we're passing you.

And yes, that golden blur flying impatiently past you was my 1986 Nissan 300ZX.

And this one is for Palin:

Palin: "Pray... that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

I'm sorry, what?! God the almighty, the alpha, the omega, the sum of all things needs your prayers to get the creative juices to come up with a plan, otherwise he just throws a dart at a giant whiteboard or asks St. Peter to refer to the Magic 8-Ball? I don't understand how someone can believe in God, believe in the "almighty", and then say something that implies that that God is not all-encompassing. I don't get it. *Sigh*...

That being said, I did like her line, "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities." Pure genius!

November will be very interesting...

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I so needed that post. Nice work!

John said...

Leslie - for the political commentary or the commuter rant?

NucMEd is Hot said...

I have to agre and frankly does God need to be prompted by the hockey mom?

I had a similar run in with a driver the other day. I say get a truck and simply go over them.

Unknown said...

Ain't nothin' wrong with that woman (Palin's) orator skills. Damn her eyes. But, as Eddie Izzard says, it's 70% how you look, 20% how you sound and only 10% what you say.

Anonymous said...

You should come out to the DC area and see the drivers your sis and I have to deal with.

Tony Gasbarro said...

I'm sorry, but any politician who thrums the god talk at such a high level into every speech is dangerous, and no better than the jihadists who would see all of us beheaded.

When she said that the Iraq war was a "task from god," I did two things. 1) I said, "How the fuck would she know?" 2) I shuddered in fear that the Bush Crusades might perpetuate.